- Each business will be required to post a sign about the mask order.
- Each store will be responsible for ensuring employees and customers comply with the mask order.
- The state will form a new retail compliance unit, comprised of officials from the Bureau of Workers Compensation. Non-compliance found by any establishment will result in warnings and, subsequently, fines/required closures/etc.
- Click HERE to create your OH/ID.
- Click HERE to access a fact sheet on the Small Business Relief Grant.
- Click HEREthen click ‘Small Business Relief Grant’ to apply on or after 11/2/20.
- ClickHERE to access a fact sheet on the Bar & Restaurant Assistance Grant.
- Click HERE then click ‘Bar & Restaurant Assistance Grant’ to apply on or after 11/2/20.
Small Business Saturday is Coming to Fayette County!
Once again, the Fayette County Chamber of Commerce has been designated a “Neighborhood Champion” for the American Express Small Business Saturday. We will be celebrating Small Business Saturday for THREE WEEKS! We want to give everyone plenty of time to hit all the hot spots in search of the perfect gift. This is exciting news, and here is where you come in! Would you like me to help you market all the great things your business has to offer?
I will create a ‘Shopping Passport’ that will be given to anyone interested in shopping their way through Fayette County. Each passport will have a listing of all participating stores. If they purchase something from your store, simply stamp their passport. We ask that all participating stores donate one item to be used for our raffle prize baskets. When a shopper has a completed passport, they drop it off at the Chamber office for their chance to win one of those baskets full of Fayette County treasures!
I will take care of all the marketing – you just stamp the passports and enjoy the sales!
In order to meet print deadlines, you must register as a participating business no later than NOVEMBER 6TH.
If you are a shopper, we are serving up breakfast, coffee, and shopping passports on Saturday, November 28th. Stop in the office between the hours of 9 AM and 12 PM to grab your reusable shopping bag, map of participating businesses, and your passport. Each of our participating businesses will stamp your passport as you visit their store in search of the perfect Christmas gift. Return a completed passport to the chamber by December 20th to be entered for a chance to win one of our great prize baskets!
I encourage you all to think of what unique gifts you can purchase this holiday season without ever leaving Fayette County! Support your community, your friends, and neighbors and shop local-dine local-think local today and every day!
Wishing you all a great evening-
- The Governor recently asked the Bureau of Workers’ Compensation to approve a second dividend for both public and private businesses. This request was approved and beginning on Friday, October 23rd, checks totaling over 1.3 billion dollars will be mailed to Ohio businesses. Please be on the lookout for a non-descript envelope from Ohio BWC. Many of the first-round dividend checks have yet to be cashed. These dividends are NOT sent via direct deposit.
- Governor DeWine announced the state is working on additional programs that will utilize the CARES Act funding to help those struggling with bills and for our struggling small businesses. We anxiously await those announcements, promised at the end of this week.
- The new Long Term Care Community dashboard will be going live on the coronavirus.ohio.gov. webpage shortly. This will allow friends and loved ones to see if a specific facility has new or updated rules regarding visitation.
171 individuals were tested yesterday in the Pop-Up testing event held at the Fayette County Fairgrounds. Our next testing opportunity will be held Monday, October 26th from 10am – 2pm at the fairgrounds. This testing is free and open to the public.