- Each business will be required to post a sign about the mask order.
- Each store will be responsible for ensuring employees and customers comply with the mask order.
- The state will form a new retail compliance unit, comprised of officials from the Bureau of Workers Compensation. Non-compliance found by any establishment will result in warnings and, subsequently, fines/required closures/etc.
- Click HERE to create your OH/ID.
- Click HERE to access a fact sheet on the Small Business Relief Grant.
- Click HEREthen click ‘Small Business Relief Grant’ to apply on or after 11/2/20.
- ClickHERE to access a fact sheet on the Bar & Restaurant Assistance Grant.
- Click HERE then click ‘Bar & Restaurant Assistance Grant’ to apply on or after 11/2/20.
- The Governor recently asked the Bureau of Workers’ Compensation to approve a second dividend for both public and private businesses. This request was approved and beginning on Friday, October 23rd, checks totaling over 1.3 billion dollars will be mailed to Ohio businesses. Please be on the lookout for a non-descript envelope from Ohio BWC. Many of the first-round dividend checks have yet to be cashed. These dividends are NOT sent via direct deposit.
- Governor DeWine announced the state is working on additional programs that will utilize the CARES Act funding to help those struggling with bills and for our struggling small businesses. We anxiously await those announcements, promised at the end of this week.
- The new Long Term Care Community dashboard will be going live on the coronavirus.ohio.gov. webpage shortly. This will allow friends and loved ones to see if a specific facility has new or updated rules regarding visitation.
171 individuals were tested yesterday in the Pop-Up testing event held at the Fayette County Fairgrounds. Our next testing opportunity will be held Monday, October 26th from 10am – 2pm at the fairgrounds. This testing is free and open to the public.
Newly Updated Forgiveness Application
The U.S. Small Business Administration, in consultation with the Treasury Department, released a simpler loan forgiveness application for Paycheck Protection Program (PPP) loans of $50,000 or less. This action streamlines the PPP forgiveness process to provide financial and administrative relief to America’s smallest businesses while also ensuring sound stewardship of taxpayer dollars.
Secretary of State Frank LaRose visits Walmart DC #7012
National Manufacturing Day
- Change the perception of careers in manufacturing to reflect its true status as the most advanced, high-tech industry in the country.
- Re-establish the U.S. as the global leader of manufacturing education.
- Advocate for education and job training policies that strengthen the U.S. manufacturing workforce.
County Commissioners announce CARES Act Grant Program
The Fayette County Commissioners recently announced a small business grant program, funded by the CARES Act, for county-based businesses. If you are a business owner with 25 or fewer employees, ordered to close and suffered loss due to the pandemic, please fill out the application and return to the County Commissioners office or the Chamber of Commerce office. Each grant is worth up to $10,000.00 and questions regarding the application can be directed to the Commissioner’s office. Click the green button below to access the application.County CARES Act Grant Application