It comes as no surprise that our state will have to make serious budget cuts due to the current pandemic. In today’s press conference, Governor DeWine announced a $775 million reduction in the state’s budget in the next two months. At the end of April, Ohio’s fiscal YTD revenue was almost $768 below budget. Listed below are the reductions:
- $210 million in Medicaid funding
- $300 million in K-12 Foundation Payment
- $110 million in higher education
- $55 million in other educational expenses and line items
- $100 million shared by other agencies
The governor is not holding a press conference tomorrow. I will have additional information to pass along regarding the budgetary items and additional programs aimed at safe workplace procedures.